Thursday, August 2, 2007

All About Drew...

It is so hard to believe that Drew is already almost 6 months old! I always wondered if I would be able to love my second child as much as my first but the instant that he was born my fears were long gone - Brad and I are in mad-love with him. In spite of his greatly improved health issues, he has always been so SMILEY! I have never known a baby to smile so much at such a young age. If he makes eye contact with anyone he will grin from ear to ear. He will be in mid-cry and catch a glimpse of someone and cheese it up through the tears. He is also a major mama's-boy which is sweet in a way but it is so very time consuming. I keep saying that I need to take video footage of his reaction when I walk in and out of a room. He will be screaming and I walk in the room and he stops instantly and smiles. I walk out of the room and he continues screaming - I walk back in and he smiles, etc... The funny thing about this is that Madi was sooo not this way. She didn't seem to have much of a preference. She seemed to be just as happy whether I was holding her, or a friend, a family member, or a complete stranger in the grocery store. Later, 0f course, Noni and Mimi trumped us all :)











Drew already has 2 teeth and the way he grabs at food he will be eating a chicken leg in no time! Although he can roll like a little log, he prefers to get around by using his big guns to scoot across the floor. He also packs a pretty good punch when he you get hit by a flailing arm or leg. Ok you get the idea: he has the Dunbar frame :)



I wish so much that you could all see him grow, but I just keep reminding myself that Christmas is just around the corner. In the meantime, pictures will have to do.











4 comments:

The Double-U Show said...

I've got a son that is six months old and a daughter that is 19 months old and the differences seem like night and day between them. My daughter never cared if we left the room, but my son will throw a fit and he too likes to smile at anything, even his stuffed Mickey Mouse animal. It's good stuff. if you know anyone into sports go to my website http://www.thedouble-ushow.blogspot.com

angie c said...

Wow~ I can not believe how big he is getting. He's so adorable. Those eyes....I can't believe he's a mama's boy. What a cutie.

Rachael said...

It IS amazing how fast they grow! He is such a cutie, hope our Drew's can meet someday!

Will and Crystal said...

The pictures are so good- I love seeing you guys. Keep them coming!

My babies are getting so big. I love you all!