Saturday, August 18, 2007

Crossing the Border...

This weekend we ventured over the border into France for the first time. We drove all the way around Lake Geneve and spent most of the day at La Plage D' Annecy (The Beach of Annecy). The scenery was really beautiful and the mountains just went straight up! They were so tall that I had a hard time getting the entire mountain in a picture.



On the bank of the lake is a pretty amazing hotel called the L'Imperiel Palace which has a huge garden and a playground which Madi was sure to spot :)




While walking around the lake Madi got distracted by these enormous treeroots that were pertruding from the ground. She entertained herself by "balancing" on each root and yelling "Look Mommy!!!" (which are two words that I must hear 100 times a day :o) "Look Mommy, I'm balancing!" Each time we tried to prod her along she would say "No, I'm balancing right now." After about 10 trees and 50 balancing acts later, we convinced her that we needed to move on. She agreed but insisted on hugging and "Theo kissing" the tree before we left. She coined the term "Theo kiss" after learning to Swiss kiss (kiss, kiss, kiss on the cheeks) her friend Theo. Now she Theo kisses Drew, Daddy and pretty much anyone who will let her!
Before leaving the beach we rode the train around part of the lake and then loaded up and headed to Evian, France.


13 comments:

momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
momma said...

Traci- It's so fun to see what you all are up to- we are very jealous. Madi is so big and quite adorable. We love you all- Sarah Lair

Blessed said...

Hey girl. Yes, we are super jealous!! What amazing pictures you have been taking. I love reading about yalls adventures. You make taking your two kids everywhere look easy! Miss yall.

Mitzi said...

Your pictures are amazing and you look like you fit right in with everything. Your family is precious.

MereMoore said...

oh it is beautiful! i can't wait to see all of it! i am going to email you the details of our trip and we definitely want to come see y'all! keep all the pictures coming!

angie c said...

Love the pictures. Love, love, love them. Keep the updates coming. Miss you lots.

Amanda's News said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love how Madi wants to kiss ya'll like they do over there on both cheeks! Matt's dad was just in Evian, France about 4 weeks ago (small world). I don't know how you are able to carry Drew around...he is getting so big:)

Unknown said...

Traci you look gawgeous! Guess that Swiss life is pretty good :). I'm so enjoying the pics. The flowers at the market is my favorite so far...but I also love the pics of Madi at the beach. Meredith throws the same way -- it's like they forget to release whatever it is that's in their hands...Drew is beautiful (I mean handsome) and I agree that you should take video of your exit/entry of a room, cause that's pretty classic!

Dad and Mom Sipkowski said...

Trey, Thank you ever so much for all the gorgeous pictures of France and Switzerland and the adorable ones of Madi and Drew (although this time he didn't show his face, HA!!) We love seeing them and the one of Madi smiling with the flower petal in her hand was especially precious...we miss you guys so much and so look forward to being together again "here" and "there". It is so wonderful you and Brad are able to experience this wonderful place.
I guess I must stop for now-love you all dearly, Mom and Dad

Will and Crystal said...

You guys all look precious. I can't believe how beautiful everything is. You guys have fun. We love you!
Crystal

angie c said...

Ahhh, we can't leave a comment on the post above so I'll leave it here. I love the shirts! So cute. Drew is so big, I can't believe it! And Madi in her pig tails are adorable. Love it.

the robertsons said...

I can't leave a comment on the post above, so here goes! I'm soooo jealous of all of your travels. What a wonderful family experience! Traci you look great-is it something in the swiss water? After your comment about Germany maternity leave, I actually googled pharmacist jobs in Europe. I'm so crazy!! I'm so thrilled you guys are having such an incredible time. We continue to pray for your family!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

Brad, it's really too bad you guys moved to Switzerland just as we were leaving France. Albertville, where our language school was, was only about an hour from Annecy. We enjoyed several trips there..beautiful place!
--April (Gillespie)